Inspiration is everywhere, although it’s not always as easy to spot during challenging times.
It can be easy to get stuck in a rut and, once you get there, it can be not easy to get out. But you can find inspiration for yourself and others all around you.
It’s important to remember that inspiration means different things to different people. What someone finds stimulating, someone else may find little value or beauty in. If you’re going to find your own flash of creativity, you can look for what you’re interested in.
What to Look for When Inspiring Others
Since you may not always know what others like, it can be not easy to get through to others and inspire them. Rather than showing others what inspires you – which might not work for them – strive to teach others how to look for the spark they seek. When they know what to look for, they’ll be able to see inspiration every place they look for it. Consider:
- Breaking down a larger object into fine detail and studying that detail carefully.
- Analyzing a conversation for subtle nuances that might give you ideas to work with.
- Looking more closely at something you generally only see from a far-away distance.
- Using writing or drawing prompts to get your creative thoughts flowing more easily.
- Thinking, looking, or listening outside of the box to see new ideas and opinions.
- Asking others about what inspires them and looking for the hidden beauty in those things.
- Taking a class in something you’ve never done before or a language you want to learn.
- Traveling to a place you’ve never been to to see the culture and beauty there.
When you teach someone how to locate ideas on their own, they’ll possess that skill all their life. Then they can find their own excitement wherever they are: at work, home, or on the go. It’s a simple strategy that’s great for the creative type or anyone who feels stuck in a rut.
Open Your Eyes to Inspiration
Inspiration seems to come more easily to some people than it does to others. Because of that, some people can quickly find stimulation while others remain in a pattern of thinking that tells them strong positive emotions are out of their grasp.
Finding that creative spark is within your reach if only you’ll make the conscious decision to leave your comfort zone in favor of new experiences. Be willing to make mistakes, look silly sometimes, and live life to the fullest. Creative inspiration is as close as your next decision to try something new.
When you step out of your comfort zone, you’ll be different than the crowd, but you’ll live a life filled with colors, textures, and a richness that many miss. Decide today to try something out of the ordinary and see what creativity flows from you and to you when you do. You deserve all that life has to offer. Why not make a new choice today?