How WIBO Works
You start with
The business idea
WIBO helps you bring your business idea to life through our 16 weeks “How to Start a Profitable Business” workshop. For 16 weeks you and others will be learning and putting into action the steps to start your business or improve an existing business. Participants in the WIBO 16-Week Workshop gain a solid foundation to start and grow a profitable business.
Volunteer faculty model
- Workgroup leader – class facilitator responsible for homework review and leads first half of class; 16-week commitment
- Discussion leader – Subject matter expert that leads second half of the class; different instructor for each topic.
- 3 hours
- 1 ½ homework discussion / 1 ½ new topic discussion
- Highly participatory
- Case study based discussion
What you will learn
NYC Area Spring Classes begin in February
Click the button to register for Spring 2019 workshops at these locations:
- Harlem – Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building – Begins Tuesday, February 26th
- Brooklyn – Restoration North (Pfizer Building) – Begins Thursday, March 7th
- Queens – Rochdale Village Community Center – Begins Wednesday, March 6th
- The Bronx – Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) – Begins Monday, March 4th
- Lower Manhattan – Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) – Begins Thursday, March 14th
(classes subject to enrollment numbers, locations subject to change)
Ready to Start Your Business?
Applying to WIBO is Easy. Start Now!
1. Complete the application
This will tell us a little information about your business and your interest in WIBO. This will help us assess your readiness for the WIBO 16-Week Workshop.
At the end of the application, there will be a $25.00 non-refundable deposit to complete your submission. Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to schedule your interview.
2. The Interview
This is where we get to know you and your business personally. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions about WIBO.
WIBO is a rigorous program designed for people with serious passion and purpose who are committed to being successful business owners. If after our discussion, we determine WIBO isn’t a good fit, no worries. We’ll suggest other resources that can be helpful. We certainly encourage you to come back to us once you have a solid idea and you are really ready to commit yourself to success. If WIBO is a fit, you move on to the next step!
3. Pay and Register!
Once you receive notification of your acceptance, your next step is to process a payment. The cost for the program is $350.00 however, we have need-based scholarships available.
Patriots Program, a scholarship for veterans
Fresh Start Program, a scholarship for people recently released from incarceration
Please let us know during the interview process if your income is below $50,000.00 or if you believe you are a match for one of the above scholarships.
Additional Services Upon Graduation
WIBO our alumni association and our partners are here to assist you as soon as you complete the 16-week workshop. Here are some of the services you will have access to upon completion of the workshop.
Free Business Center Counseling!
At the Brooklyn Business Center operated by Restoration Corp you can meet one-on-one with a business center counselor who can help you:
Free Financial Counseling!
At the Financial Empowerment Center operated by Restoration Corp while enrolled in the 16-week workshop. You can meet one-on-one with a financial counselor who can help you: