GUNTENSTEIN FOUNDATION ENTREPRENEURIAL RE-ENTRY PROGRAM
The Gutenstein Foundation Entrepreneurial Re-entry Program was created to provide entrepreneurship opportunities to people who formerly incarcerated. There are still employers who are uneasy about hiring people who were formerly incarcerated and for those individuals with the passion and desire to create a better life for themselves and their families, the path to business ownership may be the answer. The Gutenstein family has been a strong supporter of the Re-entry program for several years ensuring that formerly incarcerated people get a 2nd chance at becoming productive citizens. The re-entry program was named for the Gutenstein Family in honor of their commitment to this important cause.
95% of people incarcerated in state prisons will be released back to their communities at some point. However, nearly two-thirds of formerly incarcerated individuals find themselves back in prison in just three years. Entrepreneurship provides several benefits for the formerly incarcerated and society.
- Our Re-entry program reduces recidivism by creating successful business owners.
- These entrepreneurs, in turn, hire other formerly incarcerated individuals which also reduces recidivism.
- Entrepreneurs strengthen communities through economic empowerment.
- Business ownership is the number one way to create generational wealth that can be passed down to future generations.
WIBO works to turn recently incarcerated people into entrepreneurs to reduce recidivism rates. We make an impact by:
- WIBO and our affiliates offer full scholarships to recently incarcerated people to attend our 16-week “How to Build a Growing Profitable Business” workshop.
- We present entrepreneur workshops at halfway house facilities in the New York area.
Currently, we are currently working on expanding our 16-week workshop to be taught at state prisons across the country.
If you were recently incarcerated and live in the NY/NJ area, Richmond Va area, St. Louis Mo area or Waco Tx area then you can apply for the Gutenstein Foundation Entrepreneurial Re-entry Program scholarship. To apply for the scholarship, fill out the scholarship application form on the right, book your interview and during the interview, you will learn if you qualify for the scholarship. Submit the appropriate documentation and you are in. If you have any questions about the scholarship or applying to WIBO’s 16-week workshop contact us at 646.400.0566 ext 125 or email email@example.com
Some error has occured.