WIBO 10-Week Entrepreneur Workshop
You start with
THE BUSINESS IDEA
WIBO helps you bring your business idea to life through our 10-week “How to Build a Growing Profitable Business” workshop. For 10 weeks you and others will be learning and putting into action the steps to start your business or improve an existing business. Participants in the WIBO 10-week or 16-Week Workshop gain a solid foundation to start and grow a profitable business.
Volunteer faculty model
- Workgroup leader – class facilitator responsible for homework review and leads the first half of class; 16-week commitment
- Discussion leader – Subject matter expert that leads the second half of the class; different instructors for each topic.
- 3 hours
- 1 ½ hour homework discussion / 1 ½ hour new topic discussion
- Highly participatory
- Case study based discussion
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Scroll over the icons to view the lessons
The next WIBO 10 week workshop will begin Thursday February 17, 2022.
Spring 2022 online virtual workshop will be held on one evening a week from 6-9:15 pm
(classes subject to enrollment numbers, days are subject to change)
Minimum System Requirements to participate in WIBO online classes
We use Zoom for our classes and here are the best configurations for participating in the workshop.
- The latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, for desktop/laptop
- A broadband connection with a minimum speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps
- webcamera. Most laptops have built-in webcameras. If you are using a computer you will need to have a webcamera.
- Microphone/headphones. Our workshop is highly participatory and you will be required to discuss your answers, ask questions, etc.
- Wordprocessing software. You will need this software to complete the required writing of your homework assignments.
- Platform: Windows 8 or higher with the latest updates installed
- RAM: 4GB or more
- Video: Graphics output capability
- Sound: Sound input/output capability
Mac Specific Requirements
- Platform: Mac OS X 10.12 or higher with the latest updates installed
- RAM: 4GB or more
- Video: Graphics output capability
- Sound: Sound output capability
If you do not have all of the required equipment apply anyway and let us work with you to find a solution for you to participate.
Ready to Start Your Business?
APPLYING TO WIBO IS EASY. START NOW!
This will tell us a little information about your business and your interest in WIBO. This will help us assess your readiness for the WIBO 10-week or 16-Week Workshop.
At the end of the application, there will be a $25.00 non-refundable deposit to complete your submission. Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to schedule your interview.
2. THE INTERVIEW
This is where we get to know you and your business personally. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions about WIBO.
WIBO is a rigorous program designed for people with serious passion and purpose who are committed to being successful business owners. If after our discussion, we determine WIBO isn’t a good fit, no worries. We’ll suggest other resources that can be helpful. We certainly encourage you to come back to us once you have a solid idea and you are really ready to commit yourself to success. If WIBO is a fit, you move on to the next step!
3. PAY AND REGISTER!
Once you receive notification of your acceptance, your next step is to process a payment. The cost for the program is $300.00 however, we have need-based scholarships available.
Patriots Program, a scholarship for veterans
Gutenstein Family Reentry Program, a scholarship for people recently released from incarceration
Please let us know during the interview process if your income is below $50,000.00 or if you believe you are a match for one of the above scholarships.
We have scholarships available
As a nonprofit, we receive grants to help make the workshop affordable for participants. The Workshop fee ranges from $100.00-$350.00 based on household income. Once accepted, submit scholarship documentation and pay the workshop fee. Once you register for the workshop you will receive information on qualifying for the workshop.
Additional Services Upon Graduation
WIBO, our alumni association, and our partners are here to assist you as soon as you complete the 10-week or 16-week workshop. Here are some of the services you will have access to upon completion of the workshop.
WIBO Academy is our online learning platform where you can improve your entrepreneur knowledge and skills through our advanced courses. These courses are designed to help you grow your business past the initial start-up phase and get on the way to a successful growing company.
Free Financial Counseling!
At the Financial Empowerment Center operated by Restoration Corp while enrolled in the 16-week workshop. You can meet one-on-one with a financial counselor who can help you:
Free Business Counseling!
WIBO’s Business Advisory Council (BAC) members have the knowledge and experience to help your business:
When you have that one or two business issues that are blocking you from growing your business. The WIBO Business Advisory Council can assist you. Our advisors are top experts in the fields of Human Resources, Project Management, Branding, Marketing, Business Law, Banking, Financial Advisors, and more.
Learn more about the program and get an advisor to assist you by clicking HERE